We’re Grana Padano-crazy this month! Kick your salads up a notch with this perfect-for-fall recipe using one of our favorite nutty cheeses.
1/3 C walnut halves
2 T soft brown sugar
2 T balsamic vinegar
6 figs, quartered
1/3 C watercress, thick stems removed
2 T Grana Padano shavings
1 T olive oil
- Heat a frying pan and toast the walnuts until they turn golden brown. Remove from the pan.
- In the same hot pan, sprinkle the sugar and leave to melt over a high heat before pouring in the balsamic vinegar—it will bubble rapidly.
- Add the figs and cook for 1-2 minutes in the caramel. Take off the heat.
- Divide the watercress between four plates and pour the juices over the figs.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts and shavings of Grana Padano and finally the olive oil. Serve immediately.