- 1 lb pasta of your choice (we like Martelli Maccheroni), cooked a few minutes shy of the instructions
- 1 cup grated Cheddar (about a ¼ lb)
- 1 cup grated Scharfe Maxx (about a ¼ lb)
- 1 cup grated Emmenthaler (about a ¼ lb)
- 1 cup grated Gouda (about a ¼ lb)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, whisk in flour. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until mixture gets slightly darker in color. Add milk to the butter and flour mixture and stir constantly until it comes to a boil. Once the Béchamel boils, it will start to thicken. Once thick whisk in the cheeses, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the cooked pasta until well combined.
- Pour into a large baking dish, Dutch oven or cast iron pan and Bake at 375 degree oven for 25 – 30 minutes until lightly browned on top.
Serves: 6-8 people.