BLT with Blue Cheese Dressing
Recipe: BLT with Blue Cheese Dressing
BLT with Blue Cheese DressingThe Classic BLT, Just Better
- Prep Time : 5 min.
- Cook Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 15 min.
- Serves 4
- 1 loaf of good, sturdy bread, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced into 1/2 slices
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 12 oz. pack Nueske’s bacon
- 1/3 lb. Gorgonzola Cremificato
- 4 oz. Vermont Creamery Crème Fraiche
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2-4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the sliced bacon on a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil and bake until desired crispiness is reached, at least 20 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine the blue cheese with 2 tablespoons of water and whisk until the cheese has loosened up. Add the lemon juice, crème fraiche and salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Clean the lettuce under cold water. Cut the bottom stem off and break into individual leaves.
- Heat a large grill pan until it begins to smoke. Drizzle a little bit of the olive oil on each slice of bread and grill quickly on each side.
- To assemble the sandwiches, stack the lettuce, then tomatoes, then cooked bacon onto 4 portions of the bread. Top with dressing and sandwich with second slice of grilled bread.