Cherry Point Roasted Chicken and Spring Peas
Recipe: Cherry Point Roasted Chicken and Spring Peas
Cherry Point Roasted Chicken And Spring PeasJuicy, Crispy Chicken on a Bed of Risotto-style Peas
- Prep Time : 15 min.
- Cook Time : 1 hr. 15 min.
- Total Time : 1 hr. 30 min.
- Serves 4
- De-rind the cheese, placing rinds in a pot and just covering them with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes. When done, strain and reserve the liquid.
- While simmering the cheese rinds, break down the chicken. Remove the breast and the leg in one piece, then lay the chicken skin-side down on the board and remove the leg bone. The thigh and breast meat should remain held together by the skin. Repeat with the other half of the chicken.
- Begin the cooking process by seasoning both sides of the chicken side with salt. Lay each half in a large frying pan and cook on low heat, until the very outer tip of the breast is no longer raw on top. Flip the birds and remove pan from heat, allowing to rest for 7-8 minutes in the warm pan.
- In a separate pot, heat up the strained cheese liquid with the butter and half the English peas and blend with an immersion blender until pureed. Add the green garbanzos and cook until warm, about five minutes. Add the favas and the remainder of the peas and cook for another five minutes. Toss in the picked mint and parsley, cooking until fragrant, about another minute. Blend with an immersion blender until chunky. Mix in mascarpone, chive, grated pecorino, and lemon juice.
- Plate the pea mixture and shave a bit more pecorino on top. Remove chicken from the pan and cut the leg away from the breast. Lay chicken over the pea mixture and enjoy.