Dessert Grilled Cheese
Dessert Grilled CheeseAn intensely rich blend of blue cheese, chocolate, and jam
While it sounds like something out of your childhood fantasies, this decadent sandwich is a seriously savory snack that tastes just as rich and mouthwatering as you’d imagine. We’re turning the classic grilled cheese on its head and serving up an ooey, gooey creation that’s built with creamy Cambozola blue cheese, Pralus dark chocolate, and strawberry jam for a blend of intense flavor that results in a melty sandwich bursting with notes of cocoa, sweet fruit, and a gentle earthiness from the addition of one of our favorite bold blues.
Dessert Grilled CheeseAn original savory sandwich stuffed with spice
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 15 min
- Total Time : 25 min
- Serves 4
- Remove the rinds of the Cambozola and slice it into strips. Roughly chop the Pralus chocolate bar into small shards.
- Heat heavy bottomed pan over medium-low heat and add 1 tbsp. butter.
- Spread a very thin layer of mayonnaise onto 2 slices of bread and place them face-down in the pan, side-by-side.
- Lay a couple pieces of Cambozola onto each slice of bread, portioning the cheese equally.
- Sprinkle shards of the chocolate evenly over the cheese.
- Take two more slices of bread and spread an even (and liberal) layer of raspberry jam over each.
- Place those slices jam-side down on top of the open-faced sandwiches cooking in pan. Spread another thin layer of mayonnaise on the upward-facing side of the bread.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow the sandwiches to griddle for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese appears to be melting.
- Remove the cover and flip the sandwich to brown the other side. Leave for 3-5 minutes until golden brown! Repeat the process for the two remaining sandwiches. Slice diagonally and enjoy!