Cypress Grove Little Giant 4oz
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 2 Weeks
- Goat Milk
- by Cypress Grove
- United States
Cypress Grove’s Little Giant packs a big flavor. Buttery and fudgy, this goat’s milk round has a sweet, creamy paste with similar flavors to Brie. Notes of freshly baked bread and button mushrooms abound. And with a fluffy mouthfeel that’s reminiscent of classic triple crèames, every bite coats your palate with a luscious texture. Spread it on Firehook Sea Salt Crackers and you’ll have a new favorite snack.
- Like Brie, Little Giant can be topped with a sweet or savory blend, such as jam or honey with sliced pecans and herbs and baked in the oven for a delicious and gooey appetizer.
- Little Giant is a bloomy rind cheese. A rind is considered bloomy when it has that white, pillowy appearance (which develops as a result of a combination of molds).
- Cheesemaker Mary Keehn has built her career on making healthy food for her family, and in 1983 she founded Cypress Grove Cheese to fulfill this purpose.
- Located on the rural north coast of California, Cypress Grove uses goat’s milk to make soft-ripened cheeses blended with bold flavors, which have won numerous awards.
- Keehn’s iconic Humboldt Fog and its line of ash is one of the most-copied styles of American cheese.
- Beyond the most copied, it is highly-awarded, winning Best of Class, American Cheese Society 1998, 2002, 2005, 2019, and Best of California, California State Fair 2019 – just to name a few.
- Cypress Grove exports its products to over 40 countries around the world.