Kansas City Canning Co. Pickled Green Tomatoes
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Kansas City Canning Co.
- United States
Tangy and crunchy, Kansas City Canning Co.’s Pickled Green Tomatoes are a versatile alternative to classic pickles. Green tomatoes are picked before ripening, so they’re firm and tart. These get pickled in a white vinegar brine infused with garlic, red pepper flakes, and fennel seed, bringing aromatic flavor to every slice. They perk up any sandwich—think BLTs, burgers, grilled cheese with Jasper Hill Whitney—and a snack spread with Smoked Mozzarella. And, yes, they can and should be fried.
- In September, when tomatoes stop ripening on the vine at local farms, Kansas City Canning Co. rounds up as many green tomatoes as they can to pickle and sell throughout the year.
- While delicious with many meals, we also love these Pickled Green Tomatoes in cocktails—they make an incredible garnish on a bloody mary.
- Kansas City Canning Co. produces modern, small-batch pickles and other canned goods capturing the flavors of fresh (and often local) produce.
- When they can, they work with local growers to source fruits and vegetables, contributing to the local economy and supporting farms committed to responsible growing practices.
- Each hand-packed, hand-labeled jar preserves seasonal flavors and food memories—from simple recipes like Pickled Red Onions to more creative bites like Balsamic Pickled Grapes.