Mahon Semicurado Meloussa
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 5 Months
- Cow Milk
Mahon Semicurado Meloussa is a raw cow’s milk cheese from Spain with a buttery, tangy profile and firm, flaky texture. Made on the island of Minorca, it’s considered “cured” because the cheese is rubbed with an oil as it ages. Mahon is a distinctive, slightly salty cheese that’s both bright and savory, with notes of rich butter and ripe apricots. Bring out its fruity undertones with a handful of Ziba Apricot Kernels and a smear of B&R Farms Dried Apricot Spread.
Allergens: Eggs, Milk
- Mahon is a Spanish cheese that can be sold at different ages and different textures.
- Traditionally, it’s shaped similarly to Taleggio, as a square with rounded edges.
- The shape of the cheese is crafted using a cloth called a fogasser which holds and suspends the cheese while it drains. It’s then pressed by hand and tied with a cord to give it its distinctive pillow shape.
- Our Mahon is made from raw cow’s milk by a small producer. The raw milk gives the cheese a particular depth of flavor.
- In its early years, Mahon was made exclusively with sheep’s milk.