Westfield Farm Capri
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Vegetarian Rennet
- Age: Fresh
- Goat Milk
- by Westfield Farm
- United States
Fresh chevre (a French staple) relies on youth to retain its vibrant, tangy character. Westfield Farm accomplishes this by making cheese several times a week only a few hours from New York City in Hubbardston, MA. Made of pasteurized goat's milk, the lactic, milky paste has a delicate character with citrus flavors. The high moisture content of the style and natural lean character of goats milk makes this cheese technically 'low fat', though no skimming has taken place and the paste retains its rich and creamy quality. In lieu of cream cheese, spread Capri over a baguette or top fresh berries while savoring a glass of Sancerre.
- Can be used in place of cream cheese or as a less runny sour cream.
- Delicious in salads, warmed and spread over flatbreads, or in a prosciutto and fig sandwich.
- Goat cheese is lower in lactose and calories than cow or sheep cheese.
- Humans have been making cheese from goat's milk for thousands of years
While harder cheeses can stay fresh for up to two to three weeks when wrapped tightly and unopened, fresh style cheeses are best consumed within a few days. The best thing to do is to keep the cheese in one of your refrigerator drawers or the vegetable bin; this will help to keep your cheese from drying out. If your cheese is packed in olive oil or brine, store any leftovers in the liquid and follow package instructions. All cheeses and meats are perishables—by definition they degrade over time—so we encourage our customers to enjoy the cheese while it's in peak condition!
- Bob and Letty Kilmoyer founded Massachusetts's Westfield Farm in 1971.
- Known for their goat cheeses, the small farm creates only 1,500 pounds of cheese per week, handcrafted using the milk of the farm’s small herd as well as cow and goats milk from neighboring farms.
- Westfield Farm’s cheeses have earned national awards such as Best of Show at the American Cheese Society convention, and are sold in specialty shops and restaurants.
- Originally owned by Bob and Letty Kilmoyer, the farm was sold to current owners Bob and Debby Stetson in 1996.
Characterized by bracing acidity and stark minerality. Tropical fruit on the nose, stunningly balanced flavor overall.
Wheat beer is a top-fermented brew that's made with a higher proportion of wheat to malted barley. Flavors of honey, banana, and clove shine through.