The Gramercy Tavern Smoked Turkey Sandwich
Recipe: The Gramercy Tavern Smoked Turkey Sandwich
The Gramercy Tavern Smoked Turkey SandwichA perfect post-Thanksgiving sandwich from one of the best restaurants in NYC
- Prep Time : 5 min.
- Cook Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 30 min.
- Serves 1
- FOR EACH SANDWICH
- 1/4 lb smoked turkey (or leftover roasted Turkey), thinly sliced
- 1 cup blanched broccoli rabe
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina Fontal
- 1/2 cup grated Cavemaster Reserve Stockinghall
- 2 tbsp Green Apple Mostarda (recipe below)
- 1 roll (we use a potato onion roll)
- 1 tbsp butter
- FOR GREEN APPLE AND PEPPER MOSTARDA
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups green apple, peeled, cut into medium dice
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 tbsp shallot, sliced
- 1 piece star anise
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp pickled mustard seeds or whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
Directions For Mostarda
- Over medium heat, add vinegar to sauce pan and dissolve sugar.
- Add all other ingredients for Mostarda and cook for 4 min on low heat.
- Remove from heat and cool on counter.
- Refrigerate and hold for up to a month.
- Spread Mostarda on one side of the bread, then place cheese, turkey, and broccoli rabe on top.
- Griddle sandwich over medium heat in butter, flipping occasionally, until well browned and the cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.