Liz Thorpe’s Mardi Gras Board
Liz Thorpe’s Mardi Gras BoardA colorful, New Orleans-inspired party platter from cheese expert Liz Thorpe
Hosting a Mardi Gras party? Don’t miss out on this cheese and charcuterie platter that is bursting with gold, green, and purple. Traditionally, gold represents power, green represents faith, and purple represents justice. We asked our friend and cheese expert Liz Thorpe to put together a colorful and delicious spread for Mardi Gras, and she came up with this eye-catching food party fit for a celebration. Featuring mouthwatering favorites like Murray’s Boerenkaas Gouda and Epoisses, plus blood sausage from Fabrique Delices and Castelvetrano olives, this specially-crafted board is as decadent as it is gorgeous.
- Prep Time : 15 min.
- Assembly Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 25 min.
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 lb Two Sisters Isabella Aged Gouda
- 1/2 lb Murray’s Boerenkaas Gouda
- 1 ea. Epoisses 8 oz
- 1/2 lb Trelleborg
- 1 ea. Castelvetrano Olives 4.9 oz
- 1 ea. Firehook Sea Salt Crackers
- 1 ea. Pacific Pickle Works Brussizzle Sprouts 16oz
- 1 ea. Rick’s Picks Smokra 15 oz
- 1 ea. Fabrique Delices Boudin Noir 16 oz
- 1 ea. Red Bear Tipsy Cow 8 oz
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Cook the Fabrique Delices Boudin Noir until lightly browned. Slice into even-sized coins.
- Slice the Red Bear Tipsy Cow into even-sized coins.
- Chunk the Gouda into even-sized pieces.
- Place the Epoisses in the center of the plate, the Trelleborg in the upper right corner of the plate, and the chunks of Boerenkaas Gouda in the lower left corner of the plate.
- Neatly pile the Red Bear Tipsy Cow coins in a semi-circle around the Gouda chunks, and neatly pile the Boudin Noir coins in a semi-circle around the Trelleborg.
- Shingle Sea Salt Crackers in the empty upper left and lower right corners of the plate.
- Fill the remaining empty spaces with Castelvetrano Olives and Brussizzle Sprouts or Smokra.
- Add Mardi Gras beads for garnish