Meat Hook Sausage Co. Fall Vegetable Salad
Recipe: Meat Hook Sausage Co. Fall Vegetable Salad
Meat Hook Sausage Co. Fall Vegetable SaladA hearty fall salad full of Autumnal flavors and colors
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Cook Time : 35 min,
- Total Time : 45 min.
- Serves 3-4
- 1 medium winter squash (kuri, kabocha, delcata, etc.), peeled, seeded and cut in to wedges
- 3 shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium carrots, cut in to 1" pieces
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut in to 1" pieces
- 2 Meat Hook Classic Italian Sausages
- 1/2 cup of arugula
- 4 tbsp Hillside Caramelized Fig Chutney
- 2 tbsp Murray's Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sartori Sarvecchio (Alt. Parmigiano Reggiano or an Asiago, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat over to 375.
- Toss the cut vegetables in olive oil and salt until coated evenly, and place on a sheet tray and cook at 375 until tender and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place the Meat Hook Classic Italian Sausages in a sheet tray and put into the over the oven until heated through, about 15 minutes. Cut into bite size pieces.
- To plate, begin by place a few healthy dollops of the fig chutney on your plate, then artfully arrange the roasted vegetables and sausage on the plate.
- Garnish with the arugula, cheese shavings, and a healthy drizzle of the fig balsamic. Enjoy immediately.