Murray’s Holiday Cheeseboard Chutney
Recipe: Murray’s Holiday Cheeseboard Chutney
Murray’s Holiday Cheeseboard ChutneyA sweet, easy to make chutney that serves as the perfect accompaniment to any cheese.
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Cook Time : 45 min.
- Total Time : 55 min.
- 2-3 jars
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 packages Murray’s Jumbo Medjool dates (about 1 3/4 lb/30oz), pitted
- 2/3 cup Murray’s Barolo Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Murray’s Barrel Aged Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 9 oz golden raisins
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp. whole black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Coarsely chop the dates, then put them in a large stainless steel or enameled saucepan.
- Add the vinegars, onions, raisins, salt, allspice, cracked peppercorns, and coriander seeds, then bring to a boil.
- Simmer for thirty minutes, until the onions and fruit are soft.
- Stir in the sugar and bring slowly to a boil, then turn the heat down so that the chutney bubbles gently.
- Cook for ten to fifteen minutes, with the occasional stir to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan, until the mixture is thick and jamlike.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool before serving. Alternatively, bottle in sterilized jars while hot and seal.