Old Chatham Creamery 18 Month Reserve Gouda
Three milk types are combined in this original Gouda from New York’s Old Chatham Creamery to create a singular cheese that’s bursting with notes of cooked butter and macadamia nuts. Full-bodied and firm with a crystallized crunch, this blend of cow, goat, and sheep’s milk is aged for 18 months before emerging with a sweet, nutty, and butterscotch-like profile that’s made for easy snacking. Serve it with Murray’s Sundried Cranberries for a bright bite, or try a dollop of Blackberry Farm Smoked Onion Jam to bring out its savory undertones.
About the Maker
- For over 25 years, Old Chatham Creamery has produced award-winning, artisan sheep’s, and cow’s milk cheeses and yogurts.
- Through its fully-integrated operations, Old Chatham uses milk directly from their own flock of sheep and herd of cows.
- Their interpretations of classic European cheeses, coupled with cutting edge production methods and expert cheesemakers, create classic, flavorful cheeses.
- Old Chatham has been a consistent collaborator for Murray’s Cave Aged cheeses, not only by providing Camembert and Kinderhook cheeses but also by welcoming Murray’s to their creamery to develop the recipe for the Cavemaster Original 80:10:10 cheese. In fact, Kinderhook became one of Murray’s very first Cave Aged Reserve cheeses: C-Local.
- Murray’s Stockinghall Cheddar is now made by Old Chatham Creamery.