Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Grilled Peaches and Barolo Agrodolce
Recipe: Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Grilled Peaches and Barolo Agrodolce
Pan Roasted Pork Chops With Grilled Peaches and Barolo AgrodolceThick cut pork chops meet grilled peaches and an a tangy-sweet sauce for an unforgettable late summer dinner.
- Prep Time : 30 min.
- Cook Time : 45 min.
- Total Time : 5 hrs. 15 min.
- Serves 4
- 4 ea. Thick cut, Bone-In Pork Chops
- 12 cups Water
- 12 tsp Salt (for brine)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 6 tsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 4 tbsp Murray’s Mediterranean EVOO
- 1/2 cup Corn syrup
- 3/4 cup Murray’s Barolo Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 3 ea. Peaches, cut into slivers
- 1 bunch Scallions, cut into quarters
- 1 lb. Shishito Peppers
- Salt to taste
- To make the brine for the pork chops, heat half the water in a small pot with 12 teaspoons of salt until it is completely dissolved. Add the remaining water and cool down completely. Add the pork chops to the cooled brine solution and let sit, covered, for a minimum of four hours in a refrigerator.
- To make the agro dolce, add the corn syrup and vinegar to a small pot and heat on medium high until the mixture has reduced to a syrup consistency, about 10 minutes. When the mixture has reduced, add salt, sugar, and whole grain mustard. Keep warm.
- For the pork chops, heat an oven to 400F, then heat a large oven-proof pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan then add the chops and cook for about 4 minutes on one side or until golden brown. Flip the chops and then add the butter, thyme, and garlic, and place the pan in the oven.
- Cook pork chops in the oven until the chops reach 135F internally, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and let rest.
- While pork chops are resting, heat up a grill on medium heat. Mix the scallions, shishitos, and peaches in a bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt. When the grill has come to temperature, grill the vegetables and fruit until they have some char, then remove.
- Serve the chops with the grilled fruit and veggies and garnish with the agrodolce sauce.