Quicke’s British Cheddar and Walnut Bites
Recipe: Quicke’s British Cheddar and Walnut Bites
Quicke’s British Cheddar and Walnut BitesPacked with the flavors of England, these savory bites are a perfect holiday snack
- Prep Time : 15 min.
- Cook Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 25 min.
- Makes 20 Bites
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, Quicke's Mature Cheddar and butter with a spoon until it looks like wet sand.
- Season mixture with salt, pepper, ground mustard and cayenne pepper. Then gradually add the egg yolk and mix until it forms a soft ball.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and incorporate into the dough, with a little water if necessary if dough is looking very dry.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 8mm in thickness.
- Cut into about 20 4inch rounds and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until gorgeously golden.
- Remove from the oven and while still hot add a little extra grated Quicke’s Cheese on top of each biscuit.