Sausage, Egg, Cheese & Kale Breakfast Sandwich
Recipe: Sausage, Egg, Cheese & Kale Breakfast Sandwich
The SECK: Sausage, Egg, Cheese and Kale Breakfast SandwichWe took the morning classic and upgraded everything, breakfast will never be the same
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Cook Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 25 min.
- Serves 4
- 12 oz. (one package) Brooklyn Cured Breakfast Links, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 burger buns, preferably brioche
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz. Ewephoria Sheep Gouda, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch kale, cleaned and de-stemmed
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup sweet pickled peppers, minced
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Cook the breakfast links face-side down with one tablespoon of canola oil in a pan on medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside
- In the same pan, add the other tablespoon of canola oil and begin sautéing the kale. Season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Add the garlic and pickled peppers at the end to heat through.
- Toast the burger buns in the oven for about 4 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, then melt the butter in the pan. Crack the eggs into the pan and season with the remaining tablespoon salt. Cook the eggs without flipping until the whites have mostly set, about 4-6 minutes. Add the sliced cheese on top of the eggs and put pan underneath the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Slice the avocado thinly.
- Assemble the sandwiches on individual plates with the kale mix at the base, then sausage, egg and cheese, then sliced avocado on top.