Board: The Antipasto Board
The Antipasto BoardA gourmet collection of Italy’s best flavors
There’s nothing quite like traditional Italian antipasti--whether you’re snacking on olives with a crisp glass of wine or picking at some chunks of Parm with some silky slices of Prosciutto, you can’t go wrong with a sweet snack before a classic Mediterranean meal. For this elaborate board, we’ve selected five of our favorite Italian-inspired cheeses and paired them with a slew of savory charcuterie, plus some crisp cracker bites and of course, snackable olives, mushrooms, and more. Add your own touch of homemade flair to this mouthwatering board by loading it up with fresh produce or your own favorite Italian treats.
- Prep Time : 25 min
- Assembly Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 40 min.
- Serves: 6-8
- 1/2 lb. Murray’s Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 lb. Piave Vecchio
- 1/2 lb. Asiago Pressato
- 1/2 lb. Gorgonzola Mountain
- 1/2 lb. 80:10:10
- 1 ea. Prosciutto San Daniele, 3 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Speck Sliced, 3 oz.
- 1 ea. Olympia Provisions Mortadella
- 1 ea. Charlito’s Salami Picante , 3 oz.
- 1 ea. Olympia Provisions Capicola
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Slice the Gorgonzola into triangles.
- Slice the 80:10:10 into even-sized rectangles.
- Slice the Asiago Pressato into long, thin sticks.
- Chunk the Parmigiano and Piave.
- Fold the Mortadella slices into fan or triangle shapes.
- Fold the Speck into small rolls.
- Slice 8-10 wedges of cantaloupe and wrap them in Prosciutto.
- On a round board, place six empty jars in two clusters of three, with one cluster towards the top of the board, and one towards the bottom.
- Working clockwise around the edge of the board, create piles of each cheese. At the 8 o’clock position, pile the Piave chunks. At the 10 o’clock position, pile the 80:10:10 slices. At 12 o’clock, pile the Asiago slices. From the 1-2 o’clock positions, create a pile of Parmigiano chunks. From the 4-5 o’clock positions, create a neat pile of Gorgonzola triangles.
- At the 7 o’clock position, right next to the Piave, neatly arrange the cantaloupe and Prosciutto wedges. On the other side of the Piave, create a pile of Olympia Provisions Capicola that touches the edge of the 80:10:10. On the other side of the 80:10:10, place the slices of Charlito’s Salami Picante. In between the Asiago and the Parmigiano, place the triangle folds of Mortadella. Directly on the other side of the Parmigiano, neatly pile the rolls of Speck.
- Next to the cantaloupe wedges, create a pile of La Panzanella Crostini. To the right of the crostini, fill the space between the crostini and Gorgonzola with Tomato Crisps, allowing the crisps to fill the space between the Gorgonzola and the jars. At the top of the board, between the Salami Picante and the Asiago, fill the space with Naturpuglia Taralli.
- Fill one jar in each cluster respectively with Castelvetrano Olives, Marinated Mushrooms, and Mt. Vikos Artichoke spread.
- Surround the jars with Murray’s Roasted and Salted Pistachios.
- Fill the empty space in the center with your desired combination of leftover charcuterie, fresh produce, olives, or nuts.