The Breakfast in Bed Cheese Board
The Breakfast in Bed Cheese BoardBiscuits, bacon, and creamy cheese selections
Serve up a sweet and simple brunch platter with this spread that’s packed with all your breakfast essentials. Perfect with a mimosa or a mug of coffee, this selection of three cheeses is accompanied by a hearty helping of smoked bacon, homemade biscuits, chocolate covered almonds, and tons of fresh fruit. For cheese, we’ve created a balance of sweet and savory flavors with Vermont Creamery Bijou, a button that’s bursting with notes of fresh cream, and Alp Blossom, a floral Austrian cheese that’s got an essence of bone broth. Combined with our recipe for buttermilk biscuits made with oniony Cotswold and chives and a side of classic cream cheese, this cheese board is the ultimate way to start your day.
- Prep Time : 45 min
- Assembly Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 1 hour
- Serves: 4
- 1 ea. Rustic Bakery Meyer Lemon Shortbread, 4 oz.
- 1 ea. Quicos de Chocolate®, 8 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray's Heirloom Apple Butter, 9.6 oz.
- GTBM Cotswold Cheddar and Chive Biscuits
- 1 ea. Benton's Smoked Bacon, 16 oz.
- Bake the biscuits according to Murray’s Great Taste recipe for Cotswold Cheddar and Chive Biscuits.
- Cook the bacon.
- On a round board, place two empty jars at the top and bottom of the left side of the board.
- At the two o’clock position on the board, place a wedge of Alp Blossom pointing inwards. About an inch or two below and to the left, place two Bijou cheeses. Then, make a pile of cooked bacon in the top center region of the board.
- Create a shingled line of shortbread cookies along the edge of the board stretching from the Alp Blossom to the bottom jar.
- Make a pile of Quicos de Chocolate® in the center of the board, allowing them to touch the cheeses and bacon.
- Between the two jars, create a neat pile of biscuits. Fill the top jar with Ben’s Cream Cheese.
- Fill the bottom jar with Murray’s Heirloom Apple Butter, and fill the remaining space on the board with fresh blackberries and strawberries, or a fruit garnish of your choice.