The Cider Pairings Cheese Board
The Cider Pairings BoardA sweet autumn spread with apples
Grab a cup of hot apple cider or a crisp craft brew and dig into this autumnal spread of sweet pairings. We’ve been inspired by fall flavors to create an original board featuring a few snackable cheeses, silky ham, and bright, dessert-like accompaniments, plus some fresh apples and jam. For cheese, we’ve selected Briar Summit, a fruity, mellow cheese that compliments Jasper Hill’s crunchy Cabot Clothbound Cheddar and a tangy, classically creamy goat log from Vermont Creamery. Ideal for a picnic or holiday gathering, this cheese and charcuterie board is a true fall treat.
- Prep Time : 5 min
- Assembly Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 15 min.
- Serves: 4
- 1 ea. Vermont Creamery Small Goat Log, 4 0z.
- ½ lb. Nettle Meadow Briar Summit
- ½ lb. Cellars At Jasper Hill Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
- 1 ea. Surry Farm Sliced Surryano Ham, 4 oz.
- 1 ea. Candied Walnuts, 3.53oz
- 1 ea. Sidehill Farm Raspberry Jam, 9 oz.
- 1 ea. Rustic Bakery Olive Oil & Sel Gris Flatbread, 6 oz.
- 1 ea. Rustic Bakery Vanilla Bean Shortbread, 4 oz.
Prep and Assembly Directions
- Partially chunk the Cabot Clothbound Cheddar and partially slice the Goat Log into coins, leaving about half of each cheese intact.
- On a rectangular board, place the Briar Summit in the top left corner. Surround it with candied walnuts.
- Below the walnuts, place the Goat Log and coins. Below the Goat Log, create a shingled line of Vanilla Bean Shortbread cookies across the board.
- Leave a space in the top right area of the board. In the middle bottom, make a pile of Surryano Ham. To the right of the ham, place the Cabot Clothbound Cheddar and chunks.
- Along the left side corner, make a neat shingled pile of flatbread.
- Fill the empty space on the board with a jar of Sidehill Jam, apples and grapes.