The Garden Goat Grilled Cheese
Recipe: The Garden Goat Grilled Cheese
The Garden Goat Grilled CheeseGrilled Cheese meets Egg Sandwich meets Sauteed Veggies
- Prep Time : 1 hr.
- Cook Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 1hr 20 min.
- Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 300°. Drain the tomatoes and place on a parchment-lined backing sheet, reserving the liquid for another use. Season the tomatoes with kosher salt and place in oven until slightly dried out, about one hour.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and sweat the garlic and shallots until translucent, about two minutes. Add the kale and season with salt and pepper, cooking until the kale has wilted, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and continue wilting kale until water has fully evaporated, and transfer mixture onto a plate.
- In the same pan, use the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to cook the eggs sunny side up over medium-high heat. Transfer eggs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- For each sandwich, place Gouda onto one slice of bread, then layer with tomatoes (about two per sandwich), kale, and egg, and top with other bread slice.
- Butter the outside of each bread slice with half a tablespoon of butter. Grill the sandwiches on medium heat until golden-brown on one side, then flip and repeat. Place sandwich in a 200° oven to keep warm and crisp while making the remaining sandwiches.