The Mediterranean Picnic Board
The Mediterranean Picnic BoardAn Italian and Greek picnic spread
Take a trip to the beaches of Europe with this spread that’s bursting with authentic Mediterranean flavor. For this board, we’ve crafted a picnic that’s perfect for all seasons, topped with four incredible sweet, snackable cheeses, a handful of timeless charcuterie, and of course, some savory bites for Mediterranean munching. From tinned octopus and dolmas to Pecorino and prosciutto, this light and bright spread is the ultimate platter for anyone who craves classic Italian cheeses and Greek eats.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Assembly Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 25 min.
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 lb. Murray’s Pecorino Calabrese
- 1 lb. Sottocenere
- 1 lb. Manouri
- 1 lb. Mitica Drunken Goat
- 1 ea. Dolmas, 8.8oz
- 1 ea. Marinated Sundried Tomatoes, 5.6 oz.
- 1 ea. Castelvetrano Olives, 5.3 oz.
- 1 ea. Mitica Taralli Classic, 8.8 oz.
- On a rectangular board, arrange two empty jars kissing towards the bottom right corner of the board. Place all four cheeses in each of the corners. Place the Manouri and crumbles in the top left, the Sottocenere in the bottom left, the Pecorino Calabrese in the top right, and arrenge the slices of Drunken Goat in a shingled, curving line towards the center from the bottom right corner.
- Arrange the prosciutto along the right edge of the board. Place the Saucisson Sec in the middle of the top edge of the board and shingle the coins reaching towards the center. Place the open can of octopus along the bottom edge of the board, about two inches from the bottom left corner.
- In the spaces between the Drunken Goat and the jars and the Manouri and the Saucisson Sec, create piles of Taralli crackers.
- Fill the jars with olives and sundried tomatoes.
- Place dolmas in the empty spaces in the center of the left edge of the board and the center of the bottom edge of the board.
- Fill the remaining space on the board with slices of fresh cucumber.