The Summer Sunset Board
The Summer Sunset BoardGet a sweet taste of summer with this bright orange board
No matter the season, this colorful cheese plate never goes out of style. Bright, vibrant, and undeniably delicious, we’ve put together our favorite orange snacks to bring a taste of summer into any occasion. Featuring crowd-pleasing Cotswold, creamy Shropshire Blue, caramel-like Mimolette, and savory Brebirousse D’Argental, plus a handful of other delectable treats, this eye-catching platter is perfect for a casual backyard gathering or a big summer barbecue.
- 1/2 lb Cotswold
- 1/2 lb Shropshire Blue
- 1/2 lb Brebirousse D'Argental
- 1/2 lb Mimolette
- 1 ea. Palacios Mild Chorizo 7.9 oz
- Cheese crackers
- Orange slices
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Triangle cut the Shropshire Blue; dice the Cotswold into 1-inch cubes; slice the Brebirousse D’Argental into even-sized rectangles; partially chunk the Mimolette, leaving at least an inch on the rind
- Slice the Palacios Mild Chorizo into even-sized coins.
- Place two empty jars on the board--one on the top edge and one on the bottom edge, both slightly off-center. In the top left corner of the board, shingle the Shropshire Blue triangles diagonally across the top corner in an alternating pattern. In the bottom right corner, shingle the Brebirousse slices diagonally across the corner. In the top right corner, place the Mimolette rind and chunks in a neat pile. Then, place the cubes of Cotswold in a neat pile to the left of the bottom jar.
- Neatly pile the Chorizo coins to the left of the Cotswold cubes, spreading them out until they touch the leftmost corner of the board.
- Just below the Shropshire Blue triangles, shingle the Rustic Bakery Crisps in a line stretching diagonally from the bottom left edge of the board towards the top right edge of the board, next to the Mimolette.
- Between the Cotswold cubes and the Mimolette, create a diagonal line of shingled Dardimans Mandarin Crisps and Blenheim Apricots, alternating between the two.
- Fill the empty spaces in the middle of the board with Marcona Almonds, cheese crackers, or another orange snack of your choosing.
- Fill the empty spaces around the edges of the board with orange slices.
- Fill one jar with Anarchy in a Jar Hot Fireman's Pear Jam, and the other with Hillside Piccalilli Relish.