The Timeless Classics Cheese Board
The Timeless Classics Cheese BoardA bold spread of iconic Parm and Gruyere
For this classic cheese board, we’re featuring two stars of the international cheese world: Parmigiano Reggiano and Cave Aged Gruyere. These iconic favorites have been beloved for generations, and are a standout staple on any platter. Parm, Italy’s most famous cheese, is known for being nutty, sweet and granular, which makes it a perfect pair for Gruyere, a traditional Swiss Alpine cheese that also has notes of roasted nuts, but a smooth, supple texture that blends undertones of dried fruit and browned butter. To bring out the best in these selections, we’ve created a spread of savory sides, including prosciutto and fruit jams.
- Prep Time : 5 min
- Assembly Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 15 min.
- Serves: 6-8
- 1/2 lb. Murray's Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 lb. Murray’s Cave Aged Gruyere
- 1 ea. Prosciutto San Daniele, 3 oz.
Prep and Assembly Directions
- Slice the Gruyere into long batonettes.
- Crumble the Parm into chunks.
- On a round board, place two empty jars in the center. On either side, place the Parm and Gruyere, respectively.
- Along the bottom of the board, arrange the prosciutto, pistachios, and crostini all next to one another.
- Fill the right side of the board with grapes.
- Fill the jars with Grape Must Mustard and Fruit Conserve, respectively.
- Add greens or herbs of your choice to garnish the board.