The Winter Blues Board
The Winter Blues BoardA cool blue blend of sweet and spicy
Getting the blues doesn’t have to be a bad thing--we’re spending the cold months cozying up to this colorful creation featuring our most beloved blue cheeses and decadent bites. We’ve created a board piled high with four blue-veined beauties: bold orange Shropshire Blue, earthy Dunbarton Blue, classic Roquefort, and a velvety goat log. To complement these creamy, spicy selections, we’ve paired them with rich dark chocolate, mild crackers, sweet walnuts, and a whole host of fresh blackberries. Ideal for dessert or a party snack, these blues hit the spot.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Assembly Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 35 min.
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 lb. Shropshire Blue
- 1/2 lb. Roquefort
- 1/2 lb. Dunbarton Blue
- 1 ea. Westfield Farms Classic Blue Log, 4.5 oz.
- 1 ea. Pralus Dark Chocolate Infernal Bar, 160 g.
- 1 ea. Mitica Acacia Honey, 4.23 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Shelled Walnuts, 6.5 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Wild Blueberries Preserves, 10 oz.
- 1 ea. Sandamiri Crostini, 7 oz.
- On a round board, place two empty jars diagonally from each other, each about an inch from the edge of the board, with the top jar at the 11 o’clock position and the bottom jar at the 5 o’clock position.
- On the edge of the board at the 7 o’clock position, place the Shropshire Blue and crumbles. On the edge of the board from the 9-11 o’clock position, create a pile of Dunbarton Blue chunks, wrapping around the jar. At the 2 o’clock position, place the Blue Log and coins, stretching in towards the center of the board. Then arrange the triangles of Roquefort around the bottom jar in a semi-circle.
- Fill the space between the Blue Log and Roquefort with Sandamiri Crostini, stretching into the center of the board.
- Create a neat pile of shelled walnuts along the top edge of the Blue Log. Along the edge of the board, between the Shropshire Blue and Dunbarton Blue, place the dark chocolate and chunks.
- Fill the top jar with Murray’s Wild Blueberries Preserves.
- Fill the other jar with Mitica Acacia Honey, and fill the remaining space on the board with fresh blackberries.