The Women in Cheese Board
The Women in Cheese BoardA bright platter celebrating women producers
We’re celebrating women in cheese! We’ve selected items on this board that come from women-run operations like Quicke’s, Meadow Creek Dairy, and Trade Street Jam Co. to give a nod to the hard work of these artisanal makers. This simple but sweet platter is piled high with bold favorites like funky Grayson and rich pepperoni, plus a fig and chipotle jam and herbaceous rosemary marcona almonds. Turn this celebratory spread into a garden picnic with some flowery garnishes and bright bites of your choosing.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Assembly Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 20 min.
- Serves: 2-4
- ½ lb. Quicke's Mature Cheddar
- ½ lb. Nettle Meadow Kunik
- ½ lb. Castelrosso
- ½ lb. Meadow Creek Dairy Grayson
- 1 ea. Red Bear Holy Cow! Beef Salami, 8 oz.
Prep and Assembly Directions
- Partially Chunk the Castelrosso, leaving ⅓ on the rind.
- Fully Chunk the Quicke’s Mature Cheddar.
- Cut the Grayson into even-sized. square slices.
- Slice the pepperoni into coins.
- On a round or oval plate, place an empty jar or dish in the bottom right region, and the full wheel of Kunik directly diagonal from it, in the top left region.
- Place the Castelrosso and chunks in the bottom left region of the plate. Pile the chunks of cheddar around the top edge of the jar. Make a neat shingled line of Grayson slices stretching from the top middle of the plate to the center.
- Fill the spaces directly left of the Kunik and and the jar with pepperoni coins.
- Fill the remaining space on the board with crackers.
- Fill the jar or dish with Trade Street Smoked Peach Jam.
- Garnish the board with greens or flowers.