LOVE CHEESE? YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN.
Murray's Cheese is always on the lookout for bright, passionate individuals who want to be a part of the nation's biggest and best cheese and gourmet food company. We are constantly growing, providing lots of career opportunities, and we are committed to promoting from within as we grow. To apply for any of these positions, click here to view and apply for any of our open positions.
Murray’s Cheese is seeking an enthusiastic, professional, and attentive HR Coordinator to provide administrative support to a growing Human Resources Department. As the HR Coordinator, you have a top-notch sense of urgency and strong attention to detail. You thrive on streamlining communication, creating structure, and planning, always keeping a confidential awareness to your work. You are able to proactively assess the needs of our employees, adapting plans and problem solving along the way. This position requires the ability to work outside of normal work hours occasionally (e.g. nights, holidays, weekends, etc.).
- Keeping HR records accurate in all systems we use, monitoring, screening, and responding to incoming communication in a professional way while keeping in mind the policies and procedures of the company
- On-boarding and off-boarding all employees, managing the initial paperwork and training schedules and long with benefits and pay rate
- Creating structure and maintaining databases, keeping all documentation in one shared place for the team
- Assisting with changes of employee status and liaising with the Payroll & Benefits and Finance teams
As Information Technology Coordinator, you support our ever-growing workforce and retail shops. You are a technical pro who finds happiness in problem solving. You contribute to the overall well-being of our information systems, keeping credentials and rosters up-to-date, provisioning equipment for new hires, ensuring systems are running smoothly in our retail shops and restaurant, and monitoring the safety and security of our technology.
- Providing immediate day-to-day tech support to all areas of the business, tracking and managing all open tickets among staff and our outside vendors, providing updates to employees and leadership teams as needed
- Setting up new users, fixing POS systems, and adjusting settings on our servers
- Handling multiple projects and assignments concurrently
- Providing tools to employees company-wide to teach them to learn and understand IT systems and processes
Training & Curriculum Manager
Our mission at Murray’s is not only to be the household name for the best cheese selection sold in the United States, but to always continue educating ourselves and our customers on the pleasures of cheese. We are seeking a Training & Curriculum Manager to refresh, enliven, and systematize our signature training program and continue to inspire our culture of learning among our employees nationwide. This is a highly collaborative role focused on content creation, systemization, maintenance, and management of training from conception to execution.
- Creating formal structure for our signature training programs, refreshing materials, and planning ongoing reinforcement of the content
- Create an omni-channel customer experience vision to ensure service standards are created and met consistently among all departments
- Establish a train-the-teacher training program for all Murray’s curriculum
- Form ongoing product & category trainings as part of an employee engagement program
Marketing & Events Specialist
As our Marketing & Events Specialist, you will play a key role in coordinating national marketing campaigns to drive awareness and brand consistency in over 360 Murray’s Cheese locations throughout the country. You will be responsible for organizing and communicating information regarding all marketing campaigns and generating on-brand initiatives that fall in-line with our national business goals. You will also be responsible for leading and organizing national events and 3 large cheese festival events throughout the year. You will be on the road approximately one week per month, visiting our locations nationwide to best understand how to shape our marketing strategies and develop creative solutions to drive results.
- Collaborating with our National Operations team to plan and execute 3 large cheese festivals nationwide
- Developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing plans to manage all active national campaigns from start to finish
- Managing changes in project scope, schedule, and cost, coordinating with third-party vendors and our graphic design team to execute projects
- Holding weekly check-ins with the National Operations team to discuss results and provide marketing-related training
- Measuring the performance of all marketing campaigns and assessing the goals versus results
The Murray’s Cheese Catering team is a quickly growing department, and we are seeking an enthusiastic individual who will thrive in our Catering business. Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong and efficient work ethic who can maintain a positive attitude, superior customer service, and meticulous attention to detail. Excellent communication via phone and email are required. The Catering Associate will report directly to the Catering Manager and will start by working part-time exclusively on the weekends.
- Working collaboratively with other Catering Associates, kitchen staff, and external vendors
- Effectively planning, scheduling, and executing catered events
- Building and maintaining client relationships to ensure repeat business and generation of client referrals
Divisional Coordinator, Dillon and Denver, Colorado
Murray's Cheese, New York's cheese Mecca, is seeking a traveling Divisional Coordinator to oversee the operation of our ever expanding number of shops in the mountain region of Colorado. Responsibilities range from trainings, shop audits, workshops, to day to day operational problem solving. We are looking for experienced cheesemongers who are able to leverage the knowledge, enthusiasm, and high level of customer service that Murray's Cheese is known for. The Divisional Coordinator will report to the Regional Manager of National Operations and will be expected to travel three weeks out of every month
- Ensuring each shop maintains our high level of standards
- Training the national team members the proper way to cut, wrap, sample, demo, and merchandise products
- Maintaining a master list of shop profiles with each store visit
- Guiding national team to drive sales through a positive attitude
- Representing Murray’s in off-site events and cheese classes throughout the country
Murray’s Cheese is seeking an enthusiastic, professional, and attentive Executive Assistant to provide personal and administrative support to our Senior Vice Presidents and Executive Vice President. We are seeking an Executive Assistant with a top-notch sense of urgency and strong attention to detail. This person must thrive on streamlining communication, creating structure, and planning, always keeping a confidential awareness to his/her work. They are able to proactively assess the needs of the Executive team, adapting plans and problem solving along the way. This position requires the ability to work remotely and be available outside of normal work hours (e.g. nights, holidays, weekends, etc.).
- Keeping records, transcribing, and distributing minutes of all meetings
- Arranging all meetings, projects, and events, managing and maintaining executives’ schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements
- Creating structure by designing and maintaining databases, reviewing all operating standards and implementing improvements where necessary
- Managing and submitting all expense reports, assisting with budgeting and accounting as needed
- Monitoring, screening, responding to, and distributing all incoming communications to the appropriate individual
We are seeking Cheesemongers to join the growing, passionate Murray’s team. We are looking for customer service superstars who want to connect with people over food, make customers laugh and sell lots of cheese alongside of some of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable people in the cheese world. Experience in food (especially cheese) retail or service is a plus, but passion and curiosity are the most important attributes of a successful candidate. Weekend, holiday, and evening hours are necessary to grow and develop in this role and within the company.
Cheese Cave Internship
At Murray’s we like cheese that tastes good. We work hard to find the best stuff out there, and then we work even harder to make sure it maintains the highest level quality. That’s why we developed our cave-aged program to care for the unique needs of every cheese. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals looking to expand their knowledge of cheese and cheese aging through our Cheese Cave Internship program. Throughout the three month, 25 hour/week internship you’ll learn everything there is to know about the art of aging cheese. You’ll assist in receiving, unpacking, and stocking cheese in our caves. Most importantly you’ll be responsible for quality control; this means caring properly for each cheese and yes, tasting regularly to make sure it’s up to snuff!
Murray’s Cheese provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Murray’s Cheese complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.