LOVE CHEESE? YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN.
Murray's Cheese is always on the lookout for bright, passionate individuals who want to be a part of the nation's biggest and best cheese and gourmet food company. We are constantly growing, providing lots of career opportunities, and we are committed to promoting from within as we grow. To apply for any of these positions, click here to view and apply for any of our open positions.
Murray’s Cheese is seeking an impactful, driven, professional, and well-connected Recruiter/HR Generalist to join our growing Human Resources Department. As the Recruiter, we are seeking an individual with expertise in salaried, hourly, and seasonal recruitment who can build a pipeline of talent to add to our dynamic cheese team. As the HR Generalist, you will continuously educate our ever-growing staff, address employee questions and concerns, and be swift in creating and maintaining positive relationships. In this blended role, you have a top-notch sense of urgency and a strong attention to detail. You thrive on streamlining communication, building our brand, always educating and training, creating structure, and planning, always keeping a confidential awareness to your work. You are able to proactively assess the needs of our employees and hiring managers, adapting plans and problem solving along the way. This position requires the ability to work outside of normal work hours occasionally (e.g. nights, holidays, weekends, etc.).
- Leading our nationwide recruitment strategy from requisition through hire
- Sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates of all levels, negotiating offers, and sealing the deal
- Teaching and training our employees on best practices and policy, both on-the-fly and in more formal settings
- Remaining up-to-date on the latest HR compliance and trends to best serve our employees
- Keeping HR records accurate in all systems used, responding to incoming communications in a professional way while keeping in mind the policies and procedures of the Company
Merchandising Assistant Mangaer
As Assistant Manager of our Merchandising team, you not only are a cheese know-it-all, you are a specialty food guru! You are responsible for supporting our Merchandising team with all aspects of vendor and retail relations including re-ordering, inventory management, category management, merchandising, and sales growth among all channels. You will work closely with our Merchandising Manager to develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies while tracking key metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness. This position requires the ability to work remotely and be available outside of normal work hours (e.g. nights, holidays, weekends, etc.).
- Tracking sell-through rates of products, ensuring consistent merchandising within our retail shops and e-commerce platform
- Preparing seasonal projections, always staying a step ahead of our customers’ needs
- Ensuring stock levels are on par with our needs
- Cultivating relationships with vendors, maintaining and expanding supplier relationships
- Achieving established gross margin levels while maintaining competitive costs
Junior Account Manager
Murray’s Cheese, a dynamic, fast-paced environment with an emphasis on great food, education, and business development, is seeking a Junior Account Manager to support our growing Wholesale business. We are a feedback-friendly environment committed to developing talent in all of our people. As a Junior Account Manager, you will provide ongoing operational support, serving as the in-house and external client liaison. This customer-focused position requires excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to perform accurately and gracefully in a self-motivated environment. You have the wherewithal to fight for difficult goals despite challenges and have a knack for using emotion and logic to communicate and connect with people.
Prior sales experience is not necessary, though the ability to strike up engaging conversations with strangers, and a demonstrated desire to learn about cheese, the NYC restaurant scene, and the sales process are required.
- Provide clients with timely, thoughtful, and positive customer service at all times
- Build new and retain current relationships over the phone, email, and in-person, educating our customers on information about product and services
- Conduct tastings with chefs to demo new products, leading cheese education in restaurants to drive sales through knowledge and excitement
- Manage stock issues by monitoring item availability, identifying out of stocks, and communicating stock status to customer
- Run sales reports, analyze trends, identify problems, and collaborate with sales team for solutions
Customer Experience Associate
As a Customer Experience Associate on our Sales team, you are the champion of cheese. You are responsible for managing all customer service interactions for Murray’s via phone and chat, answering questions, placing orders, and ensuring our customers’ orders being fulfilled make it to them in tip-top condition. Our Customer Experience Associates are fun, energetic, and engaging in all of their interactions, thrive on giving great service, and are driven to discover new things and share them with everyone. This position requires the ability to work remotely and be available outside of normal work hours (e.g. nights, holidays, weekends, etc.).
- Corresponding with customers via email, phone, and live chat
- Continuously educating yourself through producer trainings and classes, using these experiences to educate our customers
- Working with our fulfillment team to ensure orders are processed and shipped
- Keeping an eye on all packages that are in transit on a daily basis
- Representing Murray’s as we work with other companies
Murray’s Cheese is seeking an enthusiastic, professional, and attentive Executive Assistant to provide personal and administrative support to our Senior Vice Presidents and Executive Vice President. We are seeking an Executive Assistant with a top-notch sense of urgency and strong attention to detail. This person must thrive on streamlining communication, creating structure, and planning, always keeping a confidential awareness to his/her work. They are able to proactively assess the needs of the Executive team, adapting plans and problem solving along the way. This position requires the ability to work remotely and be available outside of normal work hours (e.g. nights, holidays, weekends, etc.).
- Keeping records, transcribing, and distributing minutes of all meetings
- Arranging all meetings, projects, and events, managing and maintaining executives’ schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements
- Creating structure by designing and maintaining databases, reviewing all operating standards and implementing improvements where necessary
- Managing and submitting all expense reports, assisting with budgeting and accounting as needed
- Monitoring, screening, responding to, and distributing all incoming communications to the appropriate individual
Divisional Coordinator, 4 Locations
Murray's Cheese, New York's cheese Mecca, is seeking a traveling Divisional Coordinator to oversee the operation of our ever expanding number of shops in United States. Responsibilities range from trainings, shop audits, workshops, to day to day operational problem solving. We are looking for experienced cheesemongers who are able to leverage the knowledge, enthusiasm, and high level of customer service that Murray's Cheese is known for. The Divisional Coordinator will report to a Regional Manager of National Operations and will be expected to travel three weeks out of every month
- Ensuring each shop maintains our high level of standards
- Training the national team members the proper way to cut, wrap, sample, demo, and merchandise products
- Maintaining a master list of shop profiles with each store visit
- Guiding national team to drive sales through a positive attitude
- Representing Murray’s in off-site events and cheese classes throughout the country
We are seeking Cheesemongers to join the growing, passionate Murray’s team. We are looking for customer service superstars who want to connect with people over food, make customers laugh and sell lots of cheese alongside of some of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable people in the cheese world. Experience in food (especially cheese) retail or service is a plus, but passion and curiosity are the most important attributes of a successful candidate. Weekend, holiday, and evening hours are necessary to grow and develop in this role and within the company.
Cheese Cave Internship
At Murray’s we like cheese that tastes good. We work hard to find the best stuff out there, and then we work even harder to make sure it maintains the highest level quality. That’s why we developed our cave-aged program to care for the unique needs of every cheese. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals looking to expand their knowledge of cheese and cheese aging through our Cheese Cave Internship program. Throughout the three month, 25 hour/week internship you’ll learn everything there is to know about the art of aging cheese. You’ll assist in receiving, unpacking, and stocking cheese in our caves. Most importantly you’ll be responsible for quality control; this means caring properly for each cheese and yes, tasting regularly to make sure it’s up to snuff!
Murray’s Cheese provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Murray’s Cheese complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.