LOVE CHEESE? YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN.
Murray's Cheese is always on the lookout for bright, passionate individuals who want to be a part of the nation's biggest and best cheese and gourmet food company. We are constantly growing, providing lots of career opportunities, and we are committed to promoting from within as we grow. To apply for any of these positions, click here to view and apply for any of our open positions.
Murray's Cheese, New York's cheese Mecca, is seeking a traveling Divisional Coordinator to oversee the operation of our ever expanding number of shops in United States. Responsibilities range from trainings, shop audits, workshops, to day to day operational problem solving. We are looking for experienced cheesemongers who are able to leverage the knowledge, enthusiasm, and high level of customer service that Murray's Cheese is known for. The Divisional Coordinator will report to a Regional Manager of National Operations and will be expected to travel three weeks out of every month
- Ensuring each shop maintains our high level of standards
- Training the national team members the proper way to cut, wrap, sample, demo, and merchandise products
- Maintaining a master list of shop profiles with each store visit
- Guiding national team to drive sales through a positive attitude
- Representing Murray’s in off-site events and cheese classes throughout the country
If you have great attention to detail and a sense of urgency, you have come to the right place! Murray’s Cheese is seeking a full time Production Associate to pick and pack orders for fulfillment in our warehouse.
- Selecting products throughout the warehouse to correctly fulfill the orders at hand for the day
- Packing the products neatly in our shipping boxes/crates, to be sent out for shipment
- Double checking the contents to ensure that the order has been packed correctly
Murray’s Cheese is seeking a Porter who enjoys doing a little bit of everything! It’s your job to keep our warehouse running smoothly (and cleanly!) to keep us in compliance with Department of Health standards in NYC.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas such as freezers, refrigerators, bathrooms, etc.
- Regularly check that equipment is running smoothly
- Preform light maintenance
Murray's Cheese is seeking a hardworking, experienced stock person to join our Grand Central team! This position is full-time and will be responsible for maintaining an efficient flow of merchandise in our retail location.
- Receiving all of the products delivered to our retail store
- Maintaining orderly inventory in our back of house and on the sales floor
- Bringing products to the sales floor as needed, neatly stocking shelves, while upholding proper NYC health code guidelines and product rotation
We are seeking Cheesemongers to join the growing, passionate Murray’s team. We are looking for customer service superstars who want to connect with people over food, make customers laugh and sell lots of cheese alongside of some of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable people in the cheese world. Experience in food (especially cheese) retail or service is a plus, but passion and curiosity are the most important attributes of a successful candidate. Weekend, holiday, and evening hours are necessary to grow and develop in this role and within the company.
Cheese Cave Internship
At Murray’s we like cheese that tastes good. We work hard to find the best stuff out there, and then we work even harder to make sure it maintains the highest level quality. That’s why we developed our cave-aged program to care for the unique needs of every cheese. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals looking to expand their knowledge of cheese and cheese aging through our Cheese Cave Internship program. Throughout the three month, 25 hour/week internship you’ll learn everything there is to know about the art of aging cheese. You’ll assist in receiving, unpacking, and stocking cheese in our caves. Most importantly you’ll be responsible for quality control; this means caring properly for each cheese and yes, tasting regularly to make sure it’s up to snuff!
Murray’s Cheese provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Murray’s Cheese complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.