LOVE CHEESE? YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN.
Murray's Cheese is always on the lookout for bright, passionate individuals who want to be a part of the nation's biggest and best cheese and gourmet food company. We are constantly growing, providing lots of career opportunities, and we are committed to promoting from within as we grow. To apply for any of these positions, click here to view and apply for any of our open positions.
Payroll and Benefits Speicalist
Murray’s Cheese is seeking an enthusiastic, attentive Payroll and Benefits Specialist to conduct all payroll and benefit related functions, including maintenance of all related systems. As the Payroll and Benefits Specialist you enjoy taking charge, creating and leading new processes through to execution. You are able to proactively assess the needs of the employees, adapting plans and problem solving along the way. You are confident in your experience and you can administer the company’s payroll and benefit functions in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Running weekly payroll and other compensation routines and garnishments
- Lead full project cycle of employee benefits, including vetting new vendors, conducting open enrollment and educating the company on what is offered to them
- Manage current broker and insurance/401K vendor relationships
- Review and maintain payroll and benefit related files
E-Commerce Content and Marketing Coordinator
The Ecommerce Content Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all digital and creative assets in support of ecommerce-focused digital and email marketing campaigns, as well as support on site conversion through merchandising and content management. They will execute website content initiatives to maintain and grow the eCommerce channel, optimize the user experience, ensure cross-channel consistency and support eCommerce strategies and goals. Under the guidance of the Ecommerce team lead and in collaboration with our social media manager, they will manage all acquisition channels, including content promotion, online and offline advertising, email, and blog.
- Manage daily departmental tasks such as scheduling, email and digital marketing campaigns and tracking metrics
- Continuously optimize the presentation and organization of our website
- Facilitate the implementation of integrated marketing campaigns for our eCommerce business
- Assist in editing, proofreading and improving all digital copy and content
Corporate Account Manager
It’s the mission of our Corporate Account Manager to spread the word on curd, introducing our best selections to prospective corporate clients to allow them to illuminate their company culture with cheese. You identify creative strategies to gain and develop contacts and to present Murray’s Cheese as an option for corporate gifting and catering, events, and wholesale solutions. You have great presentations skills and can convey information in a clear and persuasive manner. Our Corporate Account Manager must be a self-starter who is driven by creating authentic connections, sealing deals, and increasing sales.
- Manage your contacts and appointments on your own, ensuring a timely response to all questions and orders. Keep yourself organized and well-versed for conversations related to your business (e.g. sales, budgets, orders, etc.)
- Cold call, set up tastings, and assist in creating fun, creative marketing plans to communicate with clients. Foster your relationships with your corporate sales clients to encourage repeat business throughout the year
- Organize data regarding your business (e.g. key performance indicators, customer insights, etc.) to proactively supply progress reports to upper management monthly
As a copywriter on our Marketing team, you not only are a master of creative storytelling, you are a food guru! You are responsible for knowing the facts & stories behind our products, or knowing how to find them. You are able to craft copy about products for just about anything! You are a master at creating impactful and detailed copy that supports our sales teams and you can seamlessly switch gears between writing marketing content, email subject lines, thorough product descriptions, and engaging blog posts. You truly ‘brie’lieve that cheese puns are fun, but also know that the facts come first!
- Attract and entice our customers with copy that is knowledgeable, approachable and fun
- Write product descriptions, blog posts, assets for marketing campaigns, web pages, emails, etc.
Junior Graphic Designer, NYC
As the Junior Graphic Designer at Murray’s Cheese, not only are you an ambitious designer, but you are an ultra-creative problem solver with keen attention to detail in all of your work. You are responsible for creating digital campaigns for our e-commerce business, in-store promotional graphics, and developing top-notch packaging designs. You love working collaboratively with a growing marketing team, helping senior creative team members drive the visual direction of our brand.
- Design all print and digital marketing
-Working closely with our Senior Designer to define the look and feel of our Private Label lines of product, and take the lead on design production
- Communicate with vendors to order products and ensure timely delivery of creative campaign assets
PR Social Media Manager
As the Public Relations & Social Media Manager, you’ll help us build our national brand, define our internal and external voices and manage company-wide communications. You are passionate about the Murray’s brand, building relationships with media, and shaping strategies to keep our name in the center of the country’s conversation about food. You are a self-starter with proven success in publicity; strong relationships with media and influencers; relevant experience strategizing and executing a brand’s presence on social media; and top-notch writing skills. You are resourceful and thrive in a face-paced, start up culture. You have relationships with food and lifestyle influencers, leveraging them to continue building our brand.
- Act as primary liaison between Murray’s Cheese and media, maintaining relationships and constantly developing story angles and news
- Manage Murray’s presence on all social media platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram); Focus on engaging audiences across traditional and new media
- Stay up-to-date on cheese industry news and events; maintain lines of communication with internal staff, Kroger executives, and associates
Divisional Coordinator, Nashville
Murray's Cheese, New York's cheese Mecca, is seeking a traveling Divisional Coordinator to oversee the operation of our ever expanding number of shops in United States. Responsibilities range from trainings, shop audits, workshops, to day to day operational problem solving. We are looking for experienced cheesemongers who are able to leverage the knowledge, enthusiasm, and high level of customer service that Murray's Cheese is known for. The Divisional Coordinator will report to a Regional Manager of National Operations and will be expected to travel three weeks out of every month
- Ensuring each shop maintains our high level of standards
- Training the national team members the proper way to cut, wrap, sample, demo, and merchandise products
- Maintaining a master list of shop profiles with each store visit
- Guiding national team to drive sales through a positive attitude
- Representing Murray’s in off-site events and cheese classes throughout the country
Sales Team Customer Experience Associate
The main thing that makes Murray’s special is our passion for cheese. We share that with our friends and customers! As a Customer Experience Associate on our Sales team, you are the champion of cheese. You are responsible for managing all customer service interactions for Murray’s via phone, email and chat, answering questions, placing orders, and ensuring that customers’ orders are fulfilled, and make it to them in tip-top condition. Our Customer Experience Associates are fun, energetic, and engaging in all of their interactions. They thrive on giving great service, and are driven to discover new things and share them with everyone.
- Manage the team’s voicemail, email inbox and chat functions daily, keeping the team updated on outstanding issues and success stories
- Work with our order fulfillment team to ensure orders are processed and shipped, troubleshooting existing orders that need extra attention
- Continuously stay up-to-speed on our products by attending producer trainings and classes, as available. Use these experiences to educate our customers on our offerings to drive sales
If you have great attention to detail and a sense of urgency, you have come to the right place! Murray’s Cheese is seeking a full time Production Associate to pick and pack orders for fulfillment in our warehouse.
- Selecting products throughout the warehouse to correctly fulfill the orders at hand for the day
- Packing the products neatly in our shipping boxes/crates, to be sent out for shipment
- Double checking the contents to ensure that the order has been packed correctly
Murray’s Cheese is seeking a Porter who enjoys doing a little bit of everything! It’s your job to keep our warehouse running smoothly (and cleanly!) to keep us in compliance with Department of Health standards in NYC.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas such as freezers, refrigerators, bathrooms, etc.
- Regularly check that equipment is running smoothly
- Preform light maintenance
At Murray’s we like cheese that tastes good. We work hard to find the best stuff out there, and then we work even harder to make sure it maintains the highest level quality. That’s why we developed our cave-aged program to care for the unique needs of every cheese. We are looking for a caves assistant to help our team maintain our cave-aged process!
- Clean the caves and aging dishes while maintaining accurate cleaning logs
- Maintain orderly inventory of cave-aged cheeses
- Assist caves team in washing and flipping the cheeses
- Pull cheese from caves for store transfers
Murray's Cheese is seeking a hardworking, experienced stock person to join our Grand Central team! This position is full-time and will be responsible for maintaining an efficient flow of merchandise in our retail location.
- Receiving all of the products delivered to our retail store
- Maintaining orderly inventory in our back of house and on the sales floor
- Bringing products to the sales floor as needed, neatly stocking shelves, while upholding proper NYC health code guidelines and product rotation
We are seeking Cheesemongers to join the growing, passionate Murray’s team. We are looking for customer service superstars who want to connect with people over food, make customers laugh and sell lots of cheese alongside of some of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable people in the cheese world. Experience in food (especially cheese) retail or service is a plus, but passion and curiosity are the most important attributes of a successful candidate. Weekend, holiday, and evening hours are necessary to grow and develop in this role and within the company.
Cheese Cave Internship
At Murray’s we like cheese that tastes good. We work hard to find the best stuff out there, and then we work even harder to make sure it maintains the highest level quality. That’s why we developed our cave-aged program to care for the unique needs of every cheese. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals looking to expand their knowledge of cheese and cheese aging through our Cheese Cave Internship program. Throughout the three month, 25 hour/week internship you’ll learn everything there is to know about the art of aging cheese. You’ll assist in receiving, unpacking, and stocking cheese in our caves. Most importantly you’ll be responsible for quality control; this means caring properly for each cheese and yes, tasting regularly to make sure it’s up to snuff!
Murray’s Cheese provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Murray’s Cheese complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.