Sauciness is one of our favorite qualities when it comes to just about everything, most especially our BBQ sauce. Above all, we look for flavor that’s not shy, and in these BBQ sauces we’ve found bold and unique combinations of herbs, spices and top secret ingredients. Lillie’s Q sauces come to us from chef Charlie McKenna, owner of Chicago’s renowned Lillie’s Q, crafted in memory of his grandmother, Lillie. As a boy, Charlie paid attention to Lillie’s instructions and learned the recipes and secrets of her southern kitchen, including these sauciest of BBQ sauces:
- Carolina – Hit the sweet spot with this classic savory and sweet sauce—slather liberally on ribs, wings and be messy about it so you can lick your fingers.
- Hot Smoky - As the saying goes, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. A most intoxicating blend of heat, smoke, sweet brown sugar and tart apple vinegar.
- Ivory – This Alabama-style vinegar and mayonnaise based sauce delivers a peppery-lime kick that’s amazing on fries and grilled chicken.
- E.N.C. - A blend of cayenne, red and black pepper bring the heat, while hints of brown sugar and apple cider make E.N.C. just sweet enough to make pulled pork sing.
- Hot Mess -Pimientos, cane sugar vinegar and dried scotch bonnet peppers join the rest of the mess to create this spicy, luscious sauce.