Bangers & Irish Cheddar
Recipe: Bangers & Irish Cheddar
Bangers & Irish CheddarThe Cheese Dog, Irish Style
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 2 hr
- Total Time : 2 hr 15 min
- Serves 4
- 1 pk. Brooklyn Cured Smoked Beef Kielbasa, 12 oz.
- 4 Hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup Three Little Figs Pub Chutney, 9.25 oz.
- 1/2 lb. Murray’s Irish Cheddar, grated
- 4 tbsp. Murray's Whole Grain Mustard, 7 oz.
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp. Butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Put shredded cabbage into an oven-safe dish with the butter, caraway seeds, salt, and 1/4 cup water. Cover with tinfoil and cook, until the cabbage is tender and bright purple in color, about 2 hours.
- While cabbage is braising, add the vegetable oil to a medium pan and brown the sausages on all sides over medium-high heat. Wrap the buns in tinfoil and place in the oven for about 5 minutes to warm through.
- To serve, spread the mustard and pub chutney on the bottom of the buns, then add the sausages. Top with the braised red cabbage and Irish cheddar. Place the assembled bangers under a broiler for about 1 minute, or until the cheese has melted.