Cru Chocolate Guatemala 72% Dark Chocolate Bar
- by Cru Chocolate
- United States
With notes of juicy stone fruit, blackberries, and bittersweet cacao, Cru Chocolate’s 72% Dark Chocolate Bar is sourced from a Mayan women’s collective in an Indigenous community in Guatemala. The rich, fruity essence that hits the palate when you break into this bar ends with a long, smooth finish. Pairs perfectly with an equally juicy red wine and firm, bold cheeses like Pyrénées Brebis, with or without a spoonful of Blackberry Farm Blackberry Jam.
- The cacao used to make these bars is sourced directly through a Mayan women's group in the Waxaquib tz'ikin community in San Luis, Petén Guatemala.
- The Mayan people of Central America were the first to cultivate, ferment and dry cacao. They invented the chocolate-making process, which we continue to use today.
- A certified B Corporation, Cru Chocolate manages to do good and make good chocolate.
- Along with her partner Eddie Houston, an engineer, Karla McNeil-Rueda brings her Honduran background and experience in cacao technology and fine chocolate confectionery to the company.
- Their hand-crafted, small-batch chocolate is made with beans sourced from Mesoamerica and the Caribbean.