Cypress Grove Truffle Tremor
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 5 Weeks
- Goat Milk
- by Cypress Grove
- United States
American cheese pioneer Mary Keehn builds on the flavor of her renowned Humboldt Fog by adding rich Italian black summer truffles. The result is the cake-like Cyprus Grove Truffle Tremor, a cheese that’s lemony, minerally, and truffly and irresistible. Try pairing this California masterpiece with a Barolo, or a glass of prosecco and some Quicos de Chocolate®.
- Cheesemaker Mary Keehn gives her signature Humboldt Fog a tangy update with the Truffle Tremor.
- The cheese is defined by three distinct parts: its minerally bloomy rind, a savory, oozy creamline, and a lemony cheesecake-like paste that surrounds ribbon of aromatic Italian black summer truffles.
- Made from goat’s milk, the cheese ripens from the outside in, as the cultivated mold used to create its rind starts breaking down the proteins in the paste.
- Italian black summer truffles add richness to the wheels, and the flavor of the cheese becomes more intense the longer it ages.
- Like many Cypress Grove cheeses, Truffle Tremor is highly-celebrated, winning Best of Class at the 2019 US Championship Cheese contest.
- Cheesemaker Mary Keehn has built her career on making healthy food for her family, and in 1983 she founded Cypress Grove Cheese to fulfill this purpose.
- Located on the rural north coast of California, Cypress Grove uses goat’s milk to make soft-ripened cheeses blended with bold flavors, which have won numerous awards.
- Keehn’s iconic Humboldt Fog and its line of ash is one of the most-copied styles of American cheese.
- Beyond the most copied, it is highly-awarded, winning Best of Class, American Cheese Society 1998, 2002, 2005, 2019, and Best of California, California State Fair 2019 – just to name a few.
- Cypress Grove exports its products to over 40 countries around the world.