View similar products
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 3 Months
- Goat Milk
- by Mitica®
The first blue cheese made from goat's milk in Andalucía, Spain, Mitica Andazul has a dense, fudgy texture and a relatively mild blue funk.
Pasteurized Payoya Goat's Milk, Calcium Chloride, Rennet, Cheese Cultures, Pennicilium Roqueforti, Salt
- Outside the town of Cádiz in the Spanish Andalusian mountains, Ana Isabel Rosado makes this farmhouse blue cheese from the milk of her family’s rare Payoyo goats. She rubs the wheels with olive oil before aging them for three months. The result is a dense, fudgy texture and mild blue funk that yields to a lingering sweetness. Pair with Dehesa Cordobesa Paleta Iberico De Bellota, marcona almonds, and a glass of sherry.
- From the Spanish word for mythical, Mitica is a gourmet food importer that offers the best of the best from Spain and the Iberian Peninsula.
- Regional delicacies, like marcona almonds, membrillo, and crispy tortas, are carefully curated by the company’s product experts.
- Based in Long Island, New York, Mitica is part of the specialty food company Forever Cheese, founded by Michele Buster and Pierluigi Sini.
- Forever Cheese was created in 1998 to share Sini’s renowned family cheeses with a U.S. audience.
- The duo originally offered Italian cheeses before moving into Spanish, Portuguese, and even Croatian cheese.
- It wasn’t long before they were also adding other charcuterie staples, like prosciutto and fruit spreads, to the fold