Rogue Creamery Caveman Blue
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 2-6 Months
- Cow Milk
- by Rogue Creamery
- United States
Don’t let its name fool you; Rogue Creamery Caveman Blue is one refined cheese. This silky, elegant blue is a standout favorite from the Oregon-based Rogue Creamery, delivering a combination of luscious, umami flavor, and minerally piquant blue veining. Balanced, zesty, and subtly sweet, it has a slight crunch that reveals notes of crisp bacon dipped in maple syrup. Bring out its lighter side with a glass of semi-dry Riesling, or drizzle with some Red Bee Honey in a Jar for an easy, sweet bite.
- Rogue Creamery considers their Caveman Blue a “moderate” blue cheese, meaning its traditional blue flavor doesn’t overwhelm the other flavors in its paste.
- A single herd of Holstein and Brown Swiss cows provide the whole milk used to create this cheese.
- Blue veining throughout the cheese provides a subtle, peppery spiciness and a slight crunch
- Caveman Blue’s natural rind gives the cheese a mild, mushroomy and earthy essence.
Harder blue cheeses can stay fresh for up to two to three weeks in a crisper drawer when wrapped tightly and unopened, while softer blues may start to dry out after approximately two weeks. The best thing to do is keep the cheese in one of your refrigerator drawers or the vegetable bin; this will help to keep your cheese from drying out. Additionally, we recommend wrapping your blue cheese in aluminum foil. All cheeses and meats are perishables—by definition they degrade over time—so we encourage our customers to enjoy the cheese while it's in peak condition!
- Located in Central Point, Oregon, Rogue Creamery has been operating for more than 85 years, specializing in a wide selection of blue cheeses and Cheddars.
- Their most famous cheese is Rogue River Blue, named the Best Cheese in the World in 2019.
- Rogue Creamery cheeses are certified humane and vegetarian-friendly.
- Rogue Creamery is a Certified B Corporation, meaning they meet a set of sustainable, social, and environmental standards.