Scratch Pasta Spinach Fusilli
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Scratch Pasta
- United States
Colorful food just tastes better, which is why we love this verdant, versatile Spinach Fusilli. Chef Stephanie Fees makes Scratch Pasta in Lynchburg, Virginia, using Italian techniques and inspired flavors. Here she infuses classic spiral noodles with spinach, staining them an appealing shade of green while maintaining a neutral flavor. These make any pasta dish pop, from pasta salad with Murray’s Feta and Kalamata olives to pasta al limone with a sprinkle of Ricotta Salata.
- Scratch uses semolina flour to craft their pastas, which has a high gluten content that allows the noodles to keep their shape when cooked.
- Fusilli translates to “little spindles,” nodding to the tool used for twisting fibers into yarn and this noodle’s twisted shape.
- The spinach brings a brilliant green color to the noodles but doesn’t add much vegetal flavor, so you can use this wherever you’d use regular pasta.
- Chef Stephanie Fees started Scratch Pasta in 2017 in her hometown of Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Stephanie previously worked as a chef in New York City and West Virginia, returning home to work at a wedding venue and taking time to attend pasta school in Chiavari, Italy.
- She built on that experience to found Scratch Pasta, where she makes high-quality pasta in small batches using local ingredients.
- Scratch Pastas are made using sold brass dies, which gives each shape a rustic texture that allows sauces to cling to the noodles.
- Their flavored pastas stand out, from briny squid ink to bright lemon and basil to spicy garlic and cayenne.