Sibeiho AF Chili Chunka Sambal
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Sibeiho
- United States
One drizzle of AF Chili Chunka Sambal can enliven any lackluster bite. That’s thanks to the bright flavors that Sibeiho packs into this Singapore-inspired, Portland-made condiment. Each brilliant red spoonful bursts with fruity, spicy chiles and a punch of garlic and vinegar. They’re simple ingredients made complex, ready to enjoy with roasted meats or fried rice. But it's also amazing on a cheese board—something mild like Buttermilk Basque or Point Reyes Toma will balance those assertive flavors.
- Sambal is a fresh or cooked chile paste found throughout Southeast Asia, often made with some combination of chile, alliums like garlic or shallot, sugar, and other aromatics.
- The AF Chili Chunka Sambal is a cooked sambal based on family recipes from Singapore. It’s a ready-to-eat condiment that can be used either for cooking or for dipping and drizzling.
- Compared to Sibeiho’s other sambals, this is brighter and tangier, with a stronger garlic flavor. It’s also vegan.
- The “AF” part of the name refers to the owners’ Auntie Feathers, who would make a similar sambal to serve with her Five Spice Roast Crackling Pork.
- Sibeiho was founded in Portland, Oregon, by Holly Ong and Pat Lau, two Singapore-born food lovers.
- To bring Singapore’s cuisine to the Pacific Northwest, they started a farm-to-table supper club in 2019, where diners first discovered their deliciously unique sambals.
- In 2020, they launched Sibeiho as a retail store and online shop.
- Their three ready-to-enjoy sambals are made in small batches drawing from family recipes. They use local ingredients whenever possible.