View similar products
- by Tanara Giancarlo Spa
Rich and mouthwatering, this especially savory take on Culatello, a cured pork from Parma, is relatively new to the American market. Made from the same hogs as prosciutto, the curing process differs slightly in that only the most tender part of the thigh is used and left to age in its rind—resulting in a buttery and almost sweet flavor. Silky and luxurious, this is a decadent selection for your charcuterie spread. Pair it with nutty Parmigiano Reggiano to highlight two flavorful Italian delicacies.
Italian Pork Meat, Sea Salt
- Tanara culatta is made from the same cut of pig as another type of prosciutto—culatello. The difference occurs in the production—with culatta, the rind is retained during the aging process.
- Culatta is made in an area to the south of Parma.
- Tanara Giancarlo Spa has been making high-quality charcuterie and DOP Parma ham in Langhirano, Italy, since 1954.
- The company predates even the Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma, the body that assesses every ham that’s labeled with the Prosciutto di Parma seal.
- Today, the company is run by Giancarlo’s son Paolo.