The Farm At Doe Run Seven Sisters
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 8 Months
- Cow Milk
- by The Farm at Doe Run
- United States
The Farm at Doe Run combines the sweet butterscotch flavor of a Gouda with the nutty, milky essence of an Alpine cheese in their Seven Sisters. This highly snackable award-winning selection has a firm paste and notes of caramel and hazelnut, making it an instant crowd-pleaser. Pair it with a dollop of Sidehill Farm Raspberry Jam or Le Bon Magot Spiced Raisin Marmalata to bring out its rich undertones.
- The Farm at Doe Run Seven Sisters is made using high quality Jersey cow’s milk.
- It’s a cross between a Gouda and an Alpine style cheese, and is aged in the stone caves located beneath the farm’s dairy.
- Seven Sisters is an multi-award winning cheese, and won Gold at the 2016 World Cheese Awards.
- Richard Hayne, PA native and founder of Urban Outfitters, purchased The Farm at Doe Run in 2008.
- He began making cheese as a hobby, which quickly grew into a professional operation headed by cheesemaker Sam Kennedy.
- The Chester County, PA-based farm and creamery is known for their award-winning cheeses and micro greens.
- It’s one of the few American farms that tends and milks cows, goats, and sheep.
- It’s a farmstead operation, meaning the seasonal milk from the farm’s own animals is used to craft their award-winning cheeses.
- Doe Run is committed to a philosophy of sustainability, and they focus on land stewardship by nurturing the seasonality of their cheeses, as well as the micro greens and vegetables grown on the farm.