V Smiley Preserves Elderberry Gooseberry Grapefruit White Pepper Jam
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by V Smiley Preserves
- United States
V Smiley Preserves Goose & Elderberry Grapefruit Pepper Jam is a zesty, fruity jam with a savory profile. The blend of ripe gooseberries, elderberries, and grapefruit is naturally sweetened with honey and lemon juice, and gets a gentle spice from the addition of white peppercorns. Juicy and bright, this one-of-a-kind artisanal jam is the perfect pairing for charcuterie - try it with Trois Petits Cochons Mini Pâté de Foie Gras or Fabrique Delices Duck Prosciutto.
- V Smiley makes artisanal jams using all natural ingredients harvested at the height of their season, and uses lemon juice and honey as natural sweeteners. Most V Smiley jams are less sweet than commercial selections.
- Elderberries are an extremely tart fruit that are typically cooked before eating.
- The tartness of the elderberries pairs well with the rich sweetness of the gooseberries in this jam.
- The zesty, peppery notes come from white pepper, which is made from dried fully ripe pepper berries. Black peppercorns are dried unripe pepper berries.
- The richness of V Smiley Preserves Goose & Elderberry Grapefruit Pepper Jam makes it a natural glaze for meats such as roast duck or pork chops.
- Its unique profile also makes it an interesting addition to homemade cocktails.
- V Smiley Preserves is a New Haven, VT operation named for founder V.
- V began making jams while working as a line cook in Seattle, then returned home to the farm in Vermont she grew up on and began revitalizing the land--now referred to as Lil To Do Farm--to produce fresh fruit.
- Along with her partner Amy and her mother Susan, she began to craft homemade jams and preserves using the farm’s offerings and local honey as a natural sweetener.
- V Smiley Preserves includes a wide array of uniquely flavored fruit jams and preserves that are all highly seasonal, as they’re crafted using what’s currently ripe or in bloom at the time.