The Annelies Ice Cream Sundae by OddFellows Ice Cream
Recipe: The Annelies Ice Cream Sundae by OddFellows Ice Cream
The Annelies Ice Cream Sundae by OddFellows Ice CreamA Decadent Dessert Made with Cheese Ice Cream (Yes, Really)
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Cook Time : 30 min.
- Total Time : 5 hrs.
- Serves 1
- FOR SUNDAE
- 3 Scoops of 2 Year Annelies Ice Cream
- 2 tbsp Fig Jam
- 2 tbsp Candied Walnuts or Rustic Bakery Savory Coins
- 1 tbsp Peppered Whipped Cream
- FOR 2 YEAR ANNALIES ICE CREAM
- 0.5 Lbs. 2 Year Annelies, grated
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup nonfat dried milk powder
- 5 tbsp glucose powder
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- FOR WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To make the ice cream: Warm milk, cream, and grated Annelies to 180 degrees.
- Whisk in milk powder, glucose powder, sugar, and salt.
- Blend in egg yolks and cook at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let the custard cool completely in a refrigerator for four hours, until it has chilled to 38-40 degrees.
- Freeze in ice cream machine.
- To prepare the whipped cream: Combine the cream, sugar, and pepper in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and whip until the mixture forms soft peaks. Keep chilled.
- To prepare the sundae: Spread Fig Jam on bottom of the bowl.
- Top with three scoops of Two Year Annelies ice cream.
- Sprinkle Candied Walnuts and croutons or savory coins.
- Top with Peppered Whipped Cream.