5 Spoke Creamery Tumbleweed
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 14-16 Months
- Cow Milk
- by 5 Spoke Creamery
- United States
Tumbleweed is a grassy, crumbly, buttery cheese similar to cheddar that comes from the Hudson Valley’s 5 Spoke Creamery. This raw cheese is made from grass-fed milk, giving it a slightly earthy essence. Dense and milky, it has a mellow blend of tart fruit notes and flavors of brown butter. Snack on this cheese with Murray’s Heirloom Apple Butter or a few slices of La Quercia Prosciutto Americano.
- Tumbleweed is a firm, pressed cow's milk cheese that is cloth-bound and cave aged for 12 months.
- With its deep yellow hue, milled-and-pressed-curd texture, and flavor profile that proceeds from lactic tang at the center to fresh earth at the rind, Tumbleweed is most often likened to French Cantal or Salers.
- It’s made from the raw, grass-fed milk of 5 Spoke Creamery's closed herd of Jersey Holstein cows.
- The sublte notes of sweetness in this cheese makes it pair well with stone fruit like plums and apricots.
- 5 Spoke Creamery is a dairy farm and cheese operation located in Goshen, NY.
- It was founded in 2007 by husband-and-wife team Alan and Barbara Gustaff with the intention of promoting sustainability.
- They produce raw milk farmstead cheeses from the milk of their closed herd of grass-fed cows.
- The name 5 Spoke Creamery was inspired by owner Alan’s childhood memories of riding a bicycle and the idea that taking the time to be present in the moment and live a balanced life are essential to finding new opportunities and possibilities.