This item is temporarily unavailable
View similar products
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 3 Months
- Cow Milk
Appenzeller White is a classic Alpine with the creaminess factor turned way up. That’s thanks to a boost from extra cream and only three months of aging. The smooth texture carries a delicate savory flavor across the palate, with light aromas of fruit and herbs. Expect a subtler bite than older, more robust Appenzeller—this is mellow, rich, and infinitely snackable. Melt it into fondue, or slice alongside Creminelli Wild Boar Salami and Le Bon Magot Tomato & White Sultana Chutney.
Cultured Cow's Milk, Salt, Enzymes
- There are several varieties of Appenzeller. The purple label is aged the longest, at least 9 months. Extra (black label) is aged for six or more months, Surchoix (gold label) is aged four to six months, and Classic (silver label) is aged three to four months. Appenzeller White is aged the same length as Classic but also has added cream.
- Cheesemakers wash all varieties of Appenzeller with a super-secret brine that includes 42 herbs and spices, wine, and other ingredients. Only two people in the world know the recipe!
- Appenzeller is one of oldest cheeses, with a rich history that could date back as far as the Middle Ages.
- One of the great traditional cheeses of Switzerland, it’s only made by around 60 dairies today.
- Appenzeller is an Alpine cheese, referring to cheeses made in the Alps. They can be Swiss, French, Austrian, or Italian and are usually large, firm or semi-firm wheels.
- This is an AOC-protected cheese. AOC stands for “appellation d'origine contrôlée” or controlled designation of origin. This label ensures that the product is made according to its traditions—it has to be produced in a certain region according to specific processes and packaged in a specific way.
When you receive your cheese, unpack the order and refrigerate the items. We recommend using the cheese paper we send most of our products in to store the cheese. The cheese paper helps cover the items and stop them from drying out, while also allowing the cheese to breathe. Since cheese is mold, it's a living thing! If you cut off air circulation to the cheese, you can actually cause it to suffocate and spoil at a faster rate.
Gluten Free, Non GMO