Ca' de Ambros Rusticapra
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 1 month
- Goat Milk
This Italian goat’s milk cheese from Lombardy is easily recognized by its gray, stony rind and dense, ivory paste. Ca’ de Ambros Rusticapra has a profile reminiscent of wet stone and fresh earth, and a slight tang and tartness. Despite its rustic appearance and minerality, this cheese has a surprising creaminess that pairs well with sweet white wines and Italian eats like Murray’s Sliced Speck and Murray’s Pitted Italian Olive Mix.
- Ca’ de Ambros Rusticapra comes from Lombardy, Italy, which is located in the North/Central region, bordering Switzerland. Lombardy has mountains, hills and plains and is bordered in the South by the Po river.
- Typically, goat's milk cheeses often come from rocky or mountainous regions because goats fare better in those environments and don't need rolling pastures to survive.
- Rusticapra has a firm, mottled crust of a rind that has a dusty, mineral-like aroma.
- Its paste has an earthy flavor with a mix of sweetness and acidity.
- The cheese’s firm texture makes it incredibly versatile, making its great for simple snacking or shaving over a salad.