ChocoHigos® Chocolate Covered Figs
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Mitica®
Soft, sweet Pajarero figs are hand-dipped in dark chocolate to create this indulgent dessert. Chocohigos® Chocolate Covered Figs are rich in Spanish tradition, as the Pajarero fig was first introduced to the region in the Middle Ages. Balance out their sweetness with a few slices of Vermont Creamery Fresh Goat Cheese and a bowl of Rustic Bakery Citrus, Ginger, & Thyme Crisps.
- Chocohigos® Chocolate Covered Figs are made in Valencia, Spain by local farmers.
- Pajarero figs are hand-dipped in dark chocolate.
- Small and sweet, these figs have a long, storied history in the region.
- The Moors introduced Pajarero figs to Spain during the Middle Ages.
- They can be enjoyed on their own or paired with a creamy blue cheese like Roquefort to balance their sweetness.
- From the Spanish word for mythical, Mitica is a gourmet food importer that offers the best of the best from Spain and the Iberian Peninsula.
- Regional delicacies, like marcona almonds, membrillo, and crispy tortas, are carefully curated by the company’s product experts.
- Based in Long Island, New York, Mitica is part of the specialty food company Forever Cheese, founded by Michele Buster and Pierluigi Sini.
- Forever Cheese was created in 1998 to share Sini’s renowned family cheeses with a U.S. audience.
- The duo originally offered Italian cheeses before moving into Spanish, Portuguese, and even Croatian cheese.
- It wasn’t long before they were also adding other charcuterie staples, like prosciutto and fruit spreads, to the fold