Ciresa Fontina Fontal
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 3 Months
- Cow Milk
- by Ciresa
Fontina Fontal, a traditional table cheese from Northern Italy, is supple and easily melted—making it a perfect choice for a classic grilled cheese. It has a mellow, buttery, and nutty flavor that pairs well with just about everything. Highlight its subtle undertones of ripe stone fruit and buttered bread by serving alongside Sidehill Farm Blackberry Jam and Prosciutto San Daniele—and, of course, a crisp white from the same region. It is also a perfect base for fondue or baked mac and cheese.
- Traditionally considered a table cheese, Fontina Fontal is also a staple of Italian cooking.
- Made from pasteurized cow’s milk, Fontina Fontal is milder than its DOP cousin, Fontina Val d’Aosta.
- It also has a higher moisture content, making it creamier on the palate.
- Because of its supple texture and moisture content, Fontina melts easily and is perfect for fondue, paninis, grilled cheeses, and other melted cheese dishes.
- Since 1927, family-owned Ciresa has prided itself on its old-world affinage in a modern age.
- Now in its third generation, Ciresa is deeply invested in its craft and takes pride in their mastery.
- Their Taleggio is a world-renowned rendition of a classic Italian cheese that dates back to the 9th century.
- It is made by veteran cheesemakers, in open-vats combining the best of artisanship with non-invasive technology.
- While Ciresa uses the best of modern technology in their air filtration and refrigeration systems, cheeses are still salted, turned, washed, wrapped and cut by hand—preserving the techniques passed down from one generation to the next.
- For nearly a century, Ciresa has formed deep, personal connections to its customers, who now span across the globe.