Cloudforest Bee Pollen Chocolate
- by Cloudforest
- United States
Cloudforest’s strikingly striped Bee Pollen Chocolate is an artisanal bar crafted using bee pollen and sea salt from Oregon. The result is a pretty milk chocolate treat that’s balanced and smooth, with a rich complexity and sweetness reminiscent of brownie batter and salted caramel. Unique and surprisingly snackable, this is a must-have on a cheese platter, especially with bright, butterscotchy cheeses like Roomano Extra Aged Gouda.
- Sweet, slightly earthy bee pollen is high in antioxidants.
- The contrast between fruity pollen and creamy milk chocolate makes for a one-of-a-kind treat.
- Cloudforest keeps it local with bee pollen from Bee Local and Jacobsen Salt Sea salt, both harvested in Oregon.
- An Oregon-based operation with roots in Ecuador, Cloudforest is a producer of chocolate and chocolatey products.
- Their chocolate journey started in 2009 with an attempt to understand the nuances of cacao and create unique flavor combinations. At that point, they were sourcing processed chocolate from makers in Europe.
- That changed in 2014, when Cloudforest launched their first chocolate bar made from single-estate Ecuadorian cacao. From then on, they took control of every step in the making of their chocolate, from raw bean to bar.