Da Rosario Black Truffle Oil
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Da Rosario
- United States
Da Rosario makes this 100% organic Black Truffle Oil using a simple combination of rich black truffles and premium olive oil. Both subtle and aromatic, this oil is infused with the earthy, umami essence of fresh truffles, bringing a touch of luxury to anything it’s drizzled on. Try over a bowl of cooked Rustichella Linguine with a shaving of Murray’s 5 Year Parmigiano Reggiano.
- In addition to other truffle-based products launched along the way, Rosario began producing these 100% organic truffle oils in 2008.
- They infuse real truffles in high quality olive oil to create these luxurious oils.
- Da Rosario oils are 100% USDA Organic (the only company in the USA that makes them).
- Truffle oil should not be used for cooking, as high heat compromises the truffle flavor. Used as a finishing oil, it is great on potatoes, pasta, or risotto, with mushroom dishes, or on popcorn or french fries.
- During the 1980s, Rosario Safina pioneered the use of truffles in the culinary realm.
- Truffles had once been seen as a luxury, out of reach for average Americans. Safina founded Da Rosario Organic to make truffles more accessible.
- He received the first USDA Organic certification for truffles.
- Safina advocates for the use of real truffles, rather than extracts and oils, to capture the total essence of the fungus’ flavor.