This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 14 Days
- Cow Milk
Luscious and buttery, Fromager D'Affinois is a more decadent version of Brie. A true crowd pleaser, it’s consistently one of Murray’s top ten best sellers, winning over customers with its thick, silky texture and sweet, milky flavor. Spread on some Carr's Water Crackers or Effie's Homemade Oatcakes and add a dollop of Divina Sour Cherry Spread for a bite reminiscent of cherry cheesecake.
- Fromager D'Affinois is produced by a cheesemaker in Lyon, France using pasteurized cow’s milk.
- It’s a double-crème cheese, meaning cream is added during the production process to reach the 60 percent butterfat required for it to be classified as such.
- Butterfat content in cheese is measured as a percentage of “Fat in Dry Matter," indicating that 60-75% of the solids in a double-crème cheese are butterfat.
- In other words, if all moisture was removed from this cheese, 60-75% of what remains would be fat.
- Fromager D’Affinois is made with ultrafiltered milk – a process that breaks down the fat molecules in the milk to further distribute them throughout the paste and create an exceptionally rich texture.
- This makes the cheese extra creamy and gooey, a perfect accompaniment to champagne and strawberries.
- Fromager D’Affinois is consistently one of Murray’s top ten best sellers.
A lighter, crisper white wine. Tends to be refreshing and fruity, with aromas of stone fruit, peach, quince, and lemon