Matiz Mackerel in EVOO
- by Matiz
Wild-caught off the coast of Spain, Matiz’s Mackerel in EVOO are a taste of the sea in a convenient tin. Meaty and tender, the boneless filets are placed in premium extra virgin olive oil, imparting even richer notes to this mild delicacy. Bright and a touch salty, its on-the-go versatility redefines fast food—simply add Murray’s Sea Salt Crackers and Trois Petits Cochons Cornichons, and you have a quick yet satisfying lunch.
- Tinned mackerel tends to be milder in flavor than sardines, anchovies, and canned tuna, with an umami depth and a tender, rich texture.
- This is a great ingredient to add on top of salads, cook down with lemon and garlic to make a simple pasta, or sub in for tuna on your next sandwich.
- Matiz takes pride in sourcing and importing all-natural, gourmet food products in its native Spain.
- Matiz products are imported to the United States by the Culinary Collective, a distributor that prioritizes sustainability and small producers in the gourmet realm.
- To promote responsible business practices, the Culinary Collective champions five distinct sourcing criteria: local ownership, authenticity, local sourcing, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
- Matiz adheres to these guidelines and is proud to work with family manufacturers that prioritize high-quality, all-natural products.
- The Matiz product line encompasses olive oils, vinegars, vegetables, grains, and seafoods.