Olympia Provisions Loukanika
- by Olympia Provisions
- United States
This Greek-style salami has vivid flavors of cumin and hints of orange zest. Bold and spicy, loukanika is based on the family recipe of salumist Elias Cairo. This robust charcuterie selection is a natural pairing with orange preserves, pickled vegetables like Pacific Pickle Works Brussizzle Sprouts, and juicy, robust red wines.
- Through our partnership, Olympia Provisions orders will be shipped from an alternate facility outside of Murray’s. You will receive a separate tracking number from Olympia Provisions for your order.
- Add slices of Olympia Provisions Loukanika to a cheese plate with Challerhocker and Z Crackers Sea Salt And Olive Oil Crackers.
- Like all of Olympia Provisions’ charcuterie, this is made with environmentally regenerative, humanely-raised pork from the Pacific Northwest.
- Established in 2009, Olympia Provisions was Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria.
- Founder Elias Cairo, a first-generation Greek-American, grew up around charcuterie—his father would often craft his own meats at home.
- His upbringing, along with his travels and apprenticeships around Europe, inspired him to start Olympia Provisions, to share these traditional techniques with Americans.
- The company uses antibiotic-free pork and high-quality ingredients like freshly ground spices.
- They form their meats with natural casings and allow them to age naturally, without relying on hot-incubation, cooking, or irradiation.