Olympia Provisions Mortadella
- by Olympia Provisions
- United States
Mortadella a classic Italian cold cut, and Olympia Provisions makes theirs flecked with California pistachios, black peppercorns and hand cut fatback, and flavored with warm baking spices to add some sweet, toasty undertones. Try it with rustic, artisanal bread and whole grain mustard, plus a few slices of your favorite Italian cheese, like Fontina Val D'Aosta or Salva Cremasco.
- Through our partnership, Olympia Provisions orders will be shipped from an alternate facility outside of Murray’s. You will receive a separate tracking number from Olympia Provisions for your order.
- Like baloney, or bologna, mortadella is a meat emulsion - a stable puree of protein, fat, and water with a completely uniform color and texture.
- Olympia Provisions Mortadella is great on a charcuterie board with your favorite crusty bread, or add it to a panino with roasted red peppers and Point Reyes Toma.
- Established in 2009, Olympia Provisions was Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria.
- Founder Elias Cairo, a first-generation Greek-American, grew up around charcuterie—his father would often craft his own meats at home.
- His upbringing, along with his travels and apprenticeships around Europe, inspired him to start Olympia Provisions, to share these traditional techniques with Americans.
- The company uses antibiotic-free pork and high-quality ingredients like freshly ground spices.
- They form their meats with natural casings and allow them to age naturally, without relying on hot-incubation, cooking, or irradiation.